Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Extraordinarily Ordinary or Ordinarily Extraordinary

Today was such a lovely, lazy day. We had our son here with us for an extra day because of the holiday and we slept in late, sat around and played video games, laughed, ate fun food off trays in the library (my project is still taking up the whole dining table), and watched a new sport (team handball - very cool). We didn't do anything special (though I did finish my big project - that was really nice); we didn't even go outside. In fact, we never even looked out a window so I have no idea if it was a beautiful day outside. It was just a nice, lazy day.

So, when I asked myself - what was my beautiful thing for today - there wasn't anything that really stood out to me. It was just an ordinary day spent with loved ones. And, of course, that was it.

When a day spent with people I love, laughing, eating, and playing together, is so common that I think of it as "ordinary" - that's a beautiful thing. When my life is so filled with love that sneaking kisses in the hallway with Ed is "ordinary" and laughing with Drue over something that his girlfriend said is "ordinary" - that's a very beautiful thing. I'm so grateful for a life full of ordinary days!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderfully pleasant. I think the word "content" is severely underrated these days, don't you?

    ReplyDelete